Friday, July 8, 2016

Free Day with Host Family (July 7) - Nina Zimmerman

Bowling
Today was a free day with our hosts. My host, Elli, had sports day at her school. It's the equivalent of field day in the US. She was signed up for a very long bike ride, which would have been a bit much. So, Annette and Lene picked me up. I met up with Oliva, Ann, Eli, and Beate. We went bowling, and I lost by a lot. I still had a lot of fun though, even though I had many gutter balls.

Shopping for gummy bears
   After 2 rounds of bowling, we went to a gummy bear shop. The whole store had different types of gummy bears. Olivia even tried a spicy one. She didn't like it at all. 
The gummy bear store


The Park

     We all walked around a bit until we decided to go to the Paderquellgebiet park. Of course we had to get ice cream first. I have no idea how to pronounce the park, but it was peaceful and very beautiful. 
Isaac at BBQ

    







BBQ
 I sadly had to say goodbye to Olivia, Eli, and Beate. Ann took me back to Elli's house. Elli and I had plans to go to a barbecue and watch the soccer match (Germany vs France). We met Isaac and his host, Johannes at Elli's church. There was many more kids, and we even had a water fight. 
Soccer game

     After dinner, we went inside to start watching the game. France scored one in the first half while Germany scored none. 
Elli

Matthew at ER















Elli and I left after the first half because we had walked there, and we didn't want to walk home in the dark. Sadly, Matt was in the hospital last night because he hurt his knee playing soccer, so shout out to him. Hopefully everything is okay and he can have a good time at Kirchberghof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment