Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Paderborn - Noah Folk

My time has finally come. You see, I've been trying to be not too significant but also not too insignificant, so that Dan wouldn't have any reason to choose me until the end. But I slipped up today.

We were to start our day with a tour of Paderborn and we were all to meet at this one fountain at 10 a.m. Jakob and got there half an hour before Dan, so when I saw him I wanted to brag about how early I was. But to Dan it was just, "Yes, I would like to blog today."

Well then, on with the tour. We were guided by Lene's father, Wolfgang, and given the history of some of the major churches in the area and how it tied into the history of the city. We saw some of the many springs that provided water for the city and got a live performance of Amazing Grace by Dan.

After our tour we thanked Wolfgang and split up for an hour to shop and stuff before we went to have lunch together. Jakob, Isaac, and I wandered around mostly and had some pizza, before lunch. (Which was totally worth it!)

After lunch we went to PaderKletter Park to go tree climbing and zip lining. We were there for a few hours and it was exhausting, hot, and a bit uncomfortable. But the experience of it all and getting to hang out (literally) with Isaac and Jakob and talk was totally worth it.

It was one of the best days ever and I'm looking forward to more good times in Germany.


~Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment