Friday, July 1, 2016

"Leaving on a jet plane"

Well - it's here! The day we leave has finally come! I have to confess that there were several times along this past five year timeline that I thought this would never happen. We do not take this trip alone. We are standing on the shoulders of all who have helped get us to this point. Whether it was a small donation or hours and hours of work that were given to us - we could have never gotten to this point without the help of a lot of people.

We are Young Ambassadors. An ambassador is "a person who acts as a representative or promoter of a specified activity" We will be representing our families, our churches and all the folks across the Ohio Conference who have got us to this place. Let's do our best to be true ambassadors and represent all the folks who have worked so hard to make our journey possible.


I am personally indebted to Joyce and Annette Schroer in terms that I can never repay. The German Working Group was a constant source of support and encouragement. There are so many to thank and if I begin I'm sure I will miss someone. Their names and deeds are known to God and I trust that they know how much they have impacted the journey we are about to make. There are others who have "floated" in both the background and foreground and so here are just a few of the key people who have helped:

Hannah Long-Higgins female co-leader summer 2015
Jenna Brown the first female co-leader
Gale Hevener Trinity Admin. Assit. who kept the finances straight!
Sandy Lindahl driver/chaperone Niagara Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment