Sunday, July 17, 2016

Waterskiing / German BBQ - July 16 - Matthew Edwards

As most people know Wednesday and Thursday I was in a wheelchair for most of the day against what I wanted. I never like being helped especially when I'm injured but after those two days I've found out that when you are in need their will always be people out their to help you. This was the first time I've been in a wheelchair and the main thing I didn't like about it was having to have people push me around I didn't really have much control over where I was going and when I did I wasn't moving that fast. Being confined to a wheelchair gave me a new look too people who need them, I never think about when having to go into buildings the stairs that lead to them I just think of it as oh there are stairs that's fine but when you're in a wheelchair it's always a challenge when coming up on stairs and how almost no set of stairs have anything to help you get up them. 

Today we went to a waterskiing area and it was very different then I expected. I expected it to be a big lake and have boats for us to get on and have the ski's attached to a rope connected to the boat. It was more of just a pond with ropes and towers circling the pond. To get started you were on a green platform and you would crouch down into a squatting position and hold onto the rope once it would run into the first tower it would accelerate you forward and you would have to stay in that position for the first turn then you could stand up. If you wanted to you could do jumps but none of us did any of them.(insert a 2 pictures of the pond and someone going on the course). 

After we did that we had a barbecue which had a lot of different German foods that we could choose from.


No comments:

Post a Comment